The difference between container transportation and carriage in bulk
Advantages over other types of shipping
- The shipment of small piece goods is accelerated, since the shipper simply places a multitude of different small loads (for example, clothes and shoes) in one container directly with which work is already being done, thereby increasing the productivity of labor for loading and discharging operations in several times.
- ISO-containers used worldwide have standardized sizes, which allow the creation of specialized transport for their transportation (container trucks), as well as for handling (for example, a reach stacker). At the same time, the unified arrangement of fixators - fittings, - allows to avoid work on securing containers on a vehicle, or significantly reduce it.
- Reduction of loading and unloading time in turn reduces the transport downtime.
- No need to create tare for each consignment of cargoes, as well as its securing on the vehicle, which gives significant savings to timber, fastenings (nails) and other material resources.
- Ability to enable intermodal transport: container can be immediately loaded from one type of transport to another (for example, from truck to a rail platform.).